There are many members, past and present, deserving of being included on the Short Wing Piper Club Honor Roll. If you are interested in nominating someone for the Short Wing Piper Club Honor Roll please follow the guidelines below.
- All SWPC members and former members are eligible for this honor.
- Any member, group or chapter may make a nomination
- Nominations shall be formally submitted either by e-mail or postal mail to the Secretary of our Board with a copy to the President. The Club’s Official Address is PO Box 10822, Springfield MO 65808. Nominations should contain a narrative statement why the nominee deserves this honor, taking into account the primary qualification of “Outstanding contribution to the Short Wing Piper Club and it’s goal to maintain and preserve the Piper Vagabonds, Clippers, Pacers, Tri-Pacers and Colts.” Biographical information should be included if possible and a photograph of the nominee should accompany the nomination. This information, in addition to being evaluated for induction, will be used to generate the biography page in the notebook placed in the SWPC display at the Piper Aviation Museum at Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.
- Nominations should be received by the Secretary and President by April 15 of each year, after which the Board will review the submitals and select none, one or two to be honored. If not selected, a nominee will continue to be reviewed annually without the need for additional nomination entries.
- The new honorees will be inducted into the Hall of Honor each summer at our convention.